Monday, June 16, 2008

Coursework Complete

I officially turned in my Capstone paper and presented it last Friday. That is everything I had to do as a student here in Illinois. Now, I just have reports to send home during my service, but tests and academic papers and the like have come to an end. Because I'm going to be here for a month, then home for a month, I'm going to forego getting a job and try to coast on my savings. That also means that I am pretty much free for the next two months before leaving for the Peace Corps in mid-August. Luckily I have a foreign language to try to learn and a triathlon to train for. I don't imagine I'll have trouble keeping myself busy.

In Peace Corps news, some former volunteers have set up a Yahoo group where we can ask them questions and introduce ourselves. It's exciting to read the introductions of my fellow PCVs. I know that I probably won't be stationed near them during service, but these are the people who will be great support and friends during training and then onward for life most likely. Some of the current volunteers are also the ones whose blogs I have been following for a few months now, so it's interesting to have some form on interaction with them.

Finally, my blog was posted on the peacecorpsjournals site. I set up a counter (because I'm a big web geek) and I noticed a lot of traffic from there. So thanks for stopping by. Feel free to comment. Sorry I am not actually on any adventures yet, but I hope my reflections on some aspects of the PCMI program are helpful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am going to Kaz too, kudos on your blogs by the way. How do I get connected to the Yahoo group where we can ask questions? Maybe I'll see ya around.